Boys Weightlifting Holds Own Against Bishop Moore
Yesterday, the weightlifting team traveled to Bishop Moore for their first meet of the season. The boys were up for a challenge, taking on a team that had just finished winning a state championship in football and boasting a roster of 35 competitors. Although they lost the meet, the boys fought hard and put up some impressive numbers. The final score was 50-30, with the Lakers winning 4 of the 6 weight classes we competed in! See below for a full list of accomplishments:
- Evan Anderson won the 238lb class with a total weight lifted of 550 pounds!
- Will Wright won the 219lb class with a total weight lifted of 450 pounds
- Hunter Smallback won the 199lb class in his first ever competition, with a total weight lifted of 360 pounds.
- Hank Allen finished in second in the 199lb class with a total weight lifted of 345 pounds.
- Arun Karamchandani and Ray Bhatta finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively in the 185lb class.
- Alex Wood placed third in the 169lb class in his first ever competition.
- Mathews Peres won the 139lb class in his first ever compeition!
Winning four of the six weight classes we were entered in is an incredible feat, especially when you consider our competition. The boys should be congratulated for their efforts. The full list of results is attached to this email.
The Lakers are home on Wednesday for a meet against Lake Mary Prep. Please come out and support the team if you can, we anticipate the meet starting around 3:45.